Ninh Binh has the oldest national park of Vietnam, Cuc Phuong National Park, located 100km from Hanoi, with a very wide range of species, both flowers and animals. Moreover, it is one of the best places for hiking in Vietnam, granting guests fresh air and natural scenes that city life can never offer. Bai Dinh pagoda area is another treasure of the province, with a complex of pagoda, park, car parking area and lake system; it is so much easier for visitors to go here. But the most famous place here is Phat Diem stone church, which is the only stone church in the North of Vietnam, built by French in the past, merely by stones placed on each other, without any stick material.
• Visit the world heritage site Halong bay for 2 days on a boat trip.
• See the most beautiful landscape in Ninh Binh
Day 01: Hanoi
Hotel: Hanoi Impressive Hotel or similar
Our driver will pick you up from the airport and send you to your hotel in Hanoi center. You will meet with our staff to confirm all the information for your trip. In the afternoon, you have free time to explore.
Visiting Attractions: Hanoi
Day 02: Hang Sung Sot Cave – Hanoi – Halong Bay (L/D)
Hotel: V’Spirit Classic Cruise or similar
08h00 – 08h30: Pick up at the hotel and start the scenic 3 and 1⁄2 hour drive to Halong Bay.
12h30 – 13h00: Embark on V’Spirit Classic Cruise followed by a short cruise briefing.
13h30 – 14h30: Savor a delectable lunch as V’Spirit Classic cruises among the limestone islands.
15h00 – 16h00: Explore the amazing Sung Sot Cave – the most beautiful cave in Halong Bay.
16h00 – 17h00: Cruise to Titov island. Swim and relax at the beach of Titov or climb up to the top of the island for a panoramic view of Halong Bay.
17h00 – 17h30: Return to the main boat and continue cruising to a quiet area while enjoying the beautiful seascape on the way.
17h30 – 19h00: Enjoy the sunset party on the sundeck and admire the best moments of the day when the sun starts to set.
19h00: Dinner is served. Socialize with other guests, take part in board games, fish for squid, or just laze around.
Night 2: Overnight stay on board
Visiting Attractions: Hang Sung Sot Cave, Halong Bay
Day 03: Hanoi – Halong Bay – Hanoi (B/L)
Hotel: Hanoi Impressive Hotel or similar
06h30 – 07h15: Start your day with Tai Chi exercises or a photo hunt.
07h30 – 08h30: Have breakfast on board and enjoy the peaceful morning in Halong Bay.
09h00 – 10h00: Kayak among the hidden areas of the bay, around the Bo Nau area.
10h15: Return to the boat. Freshen up and check out of your cabin.
10h15 – 11h00: Continue your cruise while exploring the bay, passing by Ba Hang fishing village, Dog Islet, and more.
11h00 – 12h15: While heading back to the harbor, watch the fruit carving demonstration and participate in cooking class before enjoying a traditional Vietnamese lunch.
12h15 – 12h30: Disembark V’Spirit Classic
12h30 – 13h00: Transfer back to Hanoi
Night 3: Overnight in the hotel in Hanoi.
Visiting Attractions: Hanoi, Halong Bay
Day 04: Ninh Binh – Trang An Tour (B/L/D)
Hotel: Hanoi Impressive Hotel or similar 3 Star Hotel or similar
07h30: Our guide will meet you at your hotel/stay and start the 100 km journey via a bus and pass through verdant landscape of countryside. There will be a short-break en route.
10h30: Arrive at the glimmering Bai Dinh pagoda complex, the largest pagoda, not only in Vietnam but also in Southeast Asia. The place is scenically set on the foothills of Dinh Mountain surrounded by amazing views of the exquisite river valley below and dotted with limestone karsts which will
take your breath away. This pagoda complex stunningly boasts the most massive and magnificent architecture of Vietnamese tradition ever built that it will take a full day to explore the entire place. You will visit some of the highlights below:
- 500 stone statues of “La Han” (Arhats)
- 2 huge bronze bells, one weighs 27 tons, the other weighs 36 tons
- Three bronze statues of Tam The (50 tons each)
With a sacred atmosphere and an intriguing Buddhism story which will be presented by our guide, you cannot help but be mesmerized. The visit ends with a walk up to the summit mountain to see the 100-tonne statue of Buddha Shakyamuni which is made of bronze and enjoy the panoramic view of the picturesque landscape dotted with limestone mountains.
12h30: Enjoy a fabulous buffet lunch in a Vietnamese restaurant with some special dishes such as
goat meat and pork storage vessel.
13h30: Leave for the Trang An Grottoes, an outstanding natural beauty of majestic limestone
massif at 20 square kilometer that rise dramatically from rice paddy fields. Deep into the linked chains of towering mountains are pristine places of mystical valleys, numerous fresh water ponds, and the jungle. Embark on a traditional sampan gently rowed down the exquisite river and pass through numerous caves: Hang Toi ( Dack ) cave, 320 meter long, Sang (light) cave, 90 meter long, and Hang Nau Ruou (cooking wine) cave, 250 meter long. Every passage brings a new surprise of mystery hidden inside isolated valleys which feels like you are transported to another world and time. The fauna and flora is rich and a scene of a goat jumping from one cliff to the other is a common sight.
15h30: Leisure cycling on rural roads alongside the extensive canal network and through small
villages with a backdrop of a maze of limestone mountains.
16h30: Take the shuttle bus to Hanoi.
19h00: Drop off at your hotel/ accommodation’s door steps in Hanoi Old Quarter.
Night 4: Overnight in the hotel in Hanoi.
Visiting Attractions: Ninh Binh, Bai Dinh Pagoda, Trang An Scenic Landscape Complex
Day 05: Hanoi – Hanoi Departure (5)
Breakfast at the hotel and then you have free time to explore. Our driver will come and pick you up and send you to the airport. This is the end of your trip.
Visiting Attractions: Hanoi
- Welcome Drinks
- Shuttle bus with compliment bottled water (P/u: Hanoi city center)
- Cruise Itinerary and Program
- Entrance and Sightseeing Fees
- English-speaking Tour Guide
- Deluxe Cabins and A/C and en-suite Bathrooms
- Vietnamese and International Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Buffet lunch with Vietnamese Cuisine
- All entrance fees indicated in our itinerary
- Electric car in Bai Dinh Pagoda
- Boat trip in Trang An
- Airfares, Private Car Transfers
- Beverages, Tips and Personal Expenses
- All other services not clearly mentioned above
- Biking (costs 3 USD/1 bike/ 45 minutes) BUT offered FREE from now to 30 June, 2017
- Beverages, Tax, Insurance
- Pick up and drop off outside Hanoi Old Quarter
- Tips, Personal Expenses & those not clearly mentioned above
- Cycling in countryside (Free of charge till 30 Dec 2017)
- Cycling is optional
- Itinerary is subject to change upon weather conditions
- Doctor and Pharmacy are not available
- Cancellation policies confirmed by Agent’s applies
- Please check the invoice from your agent or hotel carefully, as we are unable to accommodate verbal agreements.
- Depending on your arrival time, your hotel room may not be available until the afternoon. Most hotels allow check-in between 1:00pm-3:00pm, however some charge a fee for early check-in. Please check at the hotel desk to see
For more information about What to do in Ninh Binh, please visit our website. Have a nice trip!