Tam Cốc-Bích Động, with a numerous other caves made up a spectacular region for boat touring and cave exploring.
- Explore Hoa Lu Ancient Capital
- Cruise on Sampan boats through caves and explore the countryside landscape
- Bike on a country road around the village
Is this tour for me?
Get in touch with Mother Earth
Multiple local tour guides/drivers available throughout your tour/activity
Activity Level: Easy
Perfect for any fitness level
Accessibility: Not accessible
Tour does not have wheelchair accessible vehicles/attractions or allow service dogs
Hoa Lu is some 110km or 2.5 hours bus from Hanoi. Located near the Ninh Binh city, Hoa Lu is the site of a 10th-century capital of an ancient Vietnamese Kingdom called Dai Co Viet. This small Kingdom covered an area of only 300 hectares, and reigned from the 10th century, during the Dinh and Le dynasties, to the 11th century, during the Ly Dynasty. The Kingdom was enclosed by a citadel. The citadel and the Yen Ngua limestone hills provided good defense for this kingdom against the invaders.
Not much of this ancient kingdom is left standing. There are two 17th century temples, modeled after their 11th-century originals that are on most itineraries to Hoa Lu. They are the Dinh Tien Hoang Temple (King Dinh temple) and Le Hoan Temple (King Le Temple).
08:00am Picking up from hotel/stay
08:30am Starting drive to Ninh Binh Province
10:00am Arriving at Hoa Lu Ancient Capital
10:15am Visiting King Dinh and King Le’s temples.
11:30am Arriving in Tam Coc Wharf.
11:45am Having buffet lunch with Vietnamese Cuisine.
1:00pm Getting on Sampan boats through caves and visiting countryside landscape
3:00pm Back to Tam Coc Wharf to chill out.
3:15pm Biking on country road around village
4:00pm Getting on shuttle bus to go back to Hanoi
6:30pm Saying goodbye to you at your hotel/stay.
- Hotel transfer from Hanoi Old Quarter
- All entrance tickets to sites indicated in Itinerary
- Complementary bottles of water on bus
- Buffet lunch with Vietnamese Cuisine
- English Speaking Tour guide during the trip
- Pick up and drop off outside Hanoi Old Quarter
- Personal Expenses
What to bring
- Sun glasses, Sun cream
- Camera and film
- Pair of Shoes and short trousers for biking around country road.
For more information about What to do in Ninh Binh, please visit our website. Have a nice trip!